Monday 15 April 2013

The finish line

Feeling awful about what happened in Boston today. Thank goodness everyone I know who was in the area today is okay. Just thinking about the physical state I've seen friends in at the marathon finish line -- exhausted, elated, bodies stressed and pushed so far to the brink that I wonder if the runners today had any adrenaline left to deal with the explosions, and I wonder what happened in the bodies of those who were injured. I have a friend and some indirect acquaintances who I know were working in the finish line medical tent, and I've heard reports of missing limbs and bodies -- too soon in our training to deal with that. And then the runners whose marathon-completed high has been denied to them. But I'm glad that everyone I know is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment