Thursday 11 April 2013

Cooking for speed

Not every meal has to be elaborate. When I walk into the house hungry and stressed out, it's nice to have something that I can cook so fast it leaves me no time for snacking. After the lecture that I just sat through (see below), today was one of those days. For those of you with jobs that prevent you from coming home midday for lunch (school has its perks!), I think this would make a delicious weekend breakfast!

Too simple to be a recipe, consider this as more of an idea: English pea omelette (English peas are in season right now and it's nice to have them in everything). Heat and butter a frying pan, pour in a layer of uncooked fresh peas, beat 2 eggs together and pour them over the peas. Season with salt and pepper, and herbs or cheese if you like (I used about a tablespoon of leftover homemade buttermilk salad dressing). I can vouch for this being really good.




(Unfortunately the omelette collapsed. I think in my enthusiasm for spring I overdid the pea:egg ratio.)

No comments:

Post a Comment