Wednesday 14 August 2013

Transformations

Sometimes I hear a joke that's just too good, that makes me want to run and repeat it to the people I love. But then I can't because I realize that it doesn't make any sense out of the context in which I heard it.

I heard a joke this week, from a classmate: non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Advil, aspirin) work to prevent inflammation by inhibiting enzymes called COX1 and COX2, which produce molecules that cause fever, swelling, and pain. So instead of calling this class of drugs NSAIDS, why aren't they called COX blockers?

Anyway.

This is just one tiny way in which med school transforms us from the people we were into the people we are going to be. I would expect the same from any good job or school or intense experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment