Thursday 29 August 2013

Colors

I'll confess that I had a Luna bar and Goldfish for dinner Tuesday night, and some homemade hummus with sliced tomato and pita bread for dinner tonight. But besides Tuesday's fiasco (test week) and tonight's very lazy post-run pre-studying summer supper, I ate very well this week thanks to my friends. I have been cultivating them (the friends) with food for a year...

On Tuesday it was a kitchen-sink stir fry with lots of flavor: fresh basil, garlic, ginger, onion, and hot chili peppers. With some maple syrup in the sauce it tasted extremely Thai and unbelievably delicious.

Wednesday lunch was a Chinese-influenced kale-white bean-sausage soup, made with carrots, celery, and cellophane noodles. For dinner we had Indian eggplant curry with fresh peppers and tomatoes from a friend's garden. Hot, spicy, fresh -- so good!

And today I walked down the hall from the library to the hospital cafeteria to pick up my farm share! Let's see where it takes us...


Thanks, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment