Sunday 18 May 2014

Food blogger raids the fridge

Even a food blogger gets tired of cooking sometimes.

At 26, I figure that "board studying" will be my last legitimate opportunity to move home and have my parents take care of me, so here I am. My dad has been doing all the cooking, while my skills have been relegated to dessert. And what better time to apply my creativity to leftovers?

The routine is I come down, raid the fridge, then retreat to my room with the spoils. On Friday night my dad made buttermilk fried chicken from scratch; underneath the batter, the leftover chicken is juicy and briny. Leftover chicken is perfect for Asian-style salads: served cold with sesame noodles or over spinach with a simple dressing.


Leftover chicken salad:
  • piece of cold chicken, skin and bones removed, cut into bite-size pieces
  • chopped fresh spinach
  • chopped radishes
  • toasted sesame seeds
  • dash or few drops each of rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, and soy sauce

Toss and enjoy!

Study set-up

No comments:

Post a Comment